Raised in the Great Plains states of South Dakota and Nebraska respectively, the original owners of this home, Felix and Florence Kolda, came to Southern California in the early 1920s, where their children, a son and four daughters, were all born and raised. Dr. Felix Kolda practiced medicine in a small office on south Atlantic Blvd. before becoming a senior member of the St. Luke’s Hospital staff. While in Alhambra, the Koldas were prominent and active in the local community; however, in the late 1930s, the family moved to San Marino. Dr. Kolda died in 1948, at only 51 years of age. The family retained possession of this property until, after Florence’s death in 1981, it was sold. The present owners are only the third since 1926.