Southern California has a wealth of architecturally significant homes and sites open to the public to tour and visit. Every year, Alhambra Preservation Group coordinates docent-led field trips for its members at one or more of the many historically significant sites in the Los Angeles area.
Field trips provide an opportunity for APG members to learn more about the people and places that shaped our region, a chance to learn more about architecture and time to spend with friends and neighbors. A few of the places featured on past field trips include:
- The Judson Studios in Highland Park
- Storrier-Stearns Japanese Gardens in Pasadena
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hollyhock House in Los Angeles
- Sam and Alfreda Maloof’s hand-built residence and workshop in Rancho Cucamonga
- The Old Mill in San Marino
- The Richard Neutra House in Silverlake
- Caltech campus in Pasadena
For information on upcoming field trips, please visit our calendar of events page.